One of the most important skills that a successful, genuinely happy person possesses is empathy. Each of us develops our empathy in different ways according to how we interact with the world. Our culture is very much a “me first” culture and depression, anxiety, violence and discontentment are directly related to how our culture operates. To have empathy means that you have, in some aspect, an ability to feel the way someone else feels in a given situation. If you lack empathy, you would probably be a person who would agree with two or more of these statements.
10. My #1 career goal is to make more money
9. My excuse to my friends is “I'm too busy”
8. My New Years resolution for the last 10 years was to lose weight and...I gained
7. I am perfectly happy in my relationship but my partner isn't
6. I think I should give money to charity but a new car felt so much better
5. The problems in my life are the way everyone else acts
4. The last book I read was a college textbook
3. I lied on my dating profile and I still didn't get a date
2. I talk more than I listen
1. I know everything, it is the rest of the world that is dumb
If these statements apply to you, it is time for a mindset makeover. You have come to the place in your life where the feelings and needs of other people are about to become more important. Throughout this change you will learn about yourself, develop a deeper level of emotional intelligence, see the world in a new way, but most of all, you will feel a deeper satisfaction in your life.....a type of satisfaction that money or traditional success cannot provide.